ElricaltovillaParticipantFebruary 24, 2016 at 19:36Post count: 13
Following the success of Lords of the Night, Dreamscarred Press’s foray into vampire specific storytelling options for the Pathfinder Roleplaying System, we’ve decided to continue exploring these monstrous themes with the addition of a second book to the Lords of _______ series. Lords of the Wild brings new options to players and GMs looking to add new layers to their game through the addition of rules and material regarding the use of werewolves and other shapeshifters in a campaign.
Inside the playtest document you’ll find the new Werewolf Template, new class archetypes, new feats and spells, options for expanding roleplay, insights into werewolf society and an all new discipline*. This material is all contained inside a single living document and still subject to change throughout the playtest, so keep an eye out for announcements about new additions and changes going forward.
For those of you unfamiliar with me, I’m Elric. I’ve previously worked with Dreamscarred Press on their Path of War: Expanded book as well as the Steelforge releases. This is the first project that I’m acting as lead designer for and I’m very excited to bring it to you alongside my co-author, Keledrath (I’ll let him introduce himself). But enough about me, here’s what you all actually want:
*The presence of this new discipline is in no way a guarantee that future supplements will also include new martial disciplines.KeledrathParticipantFebruary 24, 2016 at 19:44Post count: 4
I’m Keledrath, folks. Fairly new to the scene, and new to these particular forums completely. I poked a few things for Elric in PoW:E, and recently submitted an addition to Steelforge. That said, I look forward to seeing what you all think of what Elric and I have done here.TevolriaParticipantFebruary 24, 2016 at 22:03Post count: 184
My initial Read brought these things to mind in no particular order:
1) perhaps introduce equipment that shapeshifts for werewolves/shapeshifter but also has special/different bonuses when in it’s shifted form?
2) I would add a time limit to how long can pass before Wolfsbane becomes ineffective in curing lycanthropy.
3) do werewolves recognize other werewolves on sight/smell?
4) I think it would be both cool and unique to tackle werewolves from the OTHER direction; a wolf contracting lycanthopy and gaining a hybrid and a humanoid form.
5) werewolf lifespans: are we looking at Underworld style immortality, or is aging a thing that is still happening.ElricaltovillaParticipantFebruary 25, 2016 at 13:34Post count: 13
1. There is still more material to come, so additional items and other features may show up later in the playtest. That is an interesting idea though, I’ll take a look at it.
2. Wolfsbane has no time limit on its effectiveness for the lycanthrope 1st party template. The werewolf template is a possibility, though I’m not sure what timetable, if any, I’d want to put on it.
3. Werewolves recognize each other as easily as normal humans would, unless they’re in hybrid or wolf form. This is probably something that will be expanded on later.
4. Those already exist with the Therianthrope template from another 3rd party source and are likely outside the scope of this book.
5. Immortality is an ability that would have to be called out in rules text, as it does not exist in the rules for the template, you can safely assume they age normally.KeledrathParticipantApril 9, 2016 at 02:00Post count: 4
Hello again everyone, it’s been a while. I want to assure you this project is still going, just got a bit sidetracked with RL stuff. However, I come bearing a new present. If you scroll down to the bottom of our document, you’ll find a new martial tradition: The Temple of the Formless Spirit, a group of shapeshifting ascetics with a secret goal. Enjoy!KeledrathParticipantJune 8, 2016 at 14:01Post count: 4
Okay everyone we have a new wave of toys and updates. Complete with a changelog!
Added animal form size to the werewolf template
Added Greater Werewolf and Formless Master prestige classes
Werewolf requirement removed from Varsark
Size Shift renamed to Magnitude Shift
Text added to Rapid Shifting and Extra Shifting to clarify that it does not require that you be shifted
Tail added to Deathsting Shift
Chameleon Shift, Identity Shift, and Sensory Shift added
Temporary natural weapons created by Chimera Soul maneuvers now do damage as normal for their size and typeKeledrathParticipantFebruary 5, 2017 at 01:56Post count: 4
Okay everyone, sorry for the long silence. A lot of life stuff came up and kept happening right when I meant to sit down and knock this all out. But I’m here with a new update.
Added the feats Pack Howl and Terror of the Hunt to support the Wild Huntmaster
Added a new ability to the wild huntmaster’s hunting pack
There were a lot of good points that the Wild Huntmaster was lacking in feats to take. So I added some, and then gave them a reason to take combat feats (the pack now shares your combat feats)
Rescaled Hunting Pack HP
New formula is 1/4 creator’s class level × twice creator’s Charisma bonus (if any) × the number of spaces occupied by the hunting pack. This should reduce the overall bloat at high levels, and make it a bit more durable for the first few levels of your career
Removed the ability score modifiers from Magnitude Shift
Changed the 5 feat, 2 round benefit of Strongclaw Shift
Toning back some of the damage potential through ability score stacking on shifting feats
Added long shift benefits to Deathsting Shift
Deathsting was kind of odd in that it only had 2 round shifts, so i figured why not allow for a monkey tail
And I added in a new feat, Dogpile, that follows up on Dirty Fighting to kick them while they’re down.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.