Adventurers fight vampires, either as dime-a-dozen villains or masterminds at the center of sinister plots. But what is it like to be a vampire in a fantasy world, to move through a world where your prey can be as dangerous and cunning as you, and lurks in the shadows which you call home? Transform your campaign with this supplement, compatible with Pathfinder RPG, and explore what it means to be a vampire – to struggle for survival, secrecy, and power in a world that would destroy you if it knew you. Expand on existing campaigns with new content that brings out undead themes in even living characters as well!
Lords of the Night is an 80-page book that includes:
- Expanded worldbuilding on the nature of vampires, how they fit into settings, and how they interact with the living.
- A new vampire template designed for easy use by players and GMs alike.
- Advice and systems for running a vampiric campaign.
- The Alerts system, which tracks a settlement’s reaction to a hidden threat from within.
- New archetypes for Barbarian and Paladin that express how undead pursue these paths through eternity.
- Four new prestige classes that enhance the power of undeath, including the enigmatic sussurratore and the terrifying black templar.
- New feats for players looking to enhance or express themes of undeath and secrecy.
- New spells, power, and maneuvers with necromantic and vampiric themes.
- Sample NPCs to speed the process of creating and maintaining a setting’s population.
- A sample vampiric society, the Leatherworker’s Guild, that can be inserted into a living city in your campaign world.